ABN Groups Training applicants must:
- Have undertaken research into trade types and suitability
- Be prepared to conduct work experience to discover suitability
- Have passion to succeed in the chosen trade
- Have enthusiasm to work in a team environment to put in a good effort
- Have completed a minimum trade maths and English within school environment
- Be respectful, hardworking, honest, motivated, loyal, reliable, and punctual
Employers are particularly interested in applicants who have conducted some research into career opportunities and job types. Relevant work experience or studies is seen as an advantage and will give applicants an edge over other's as most employers prefer apprentices with sufficient literacy and numeracy skills.